Saturday, July 07, 2007

Busy busy busy!

I'm very, very busy and I've got a lot to do, and I haven't got a minute to explain it all to you...

Just kidding, although I have certainly been busy this summer. I really enjoyed my first internship in state appellate court, and that ended a week ago Thursday. I got all day Friday off (a whole day off--amazing!) and then started in federal court this past Monday. I can't go into much detail about what I got to do those first six weeks of my summer, but I learned a whole bunch and really enjoyed working with everyone I got to work with--from judges to attorneys to my fellow judicial interns. Looks like the internship I started this past week will be really good too, so I'm excited.

I also found out a few weeks ago that I received a "grade-on" spot to the Houston Law Review. Now, for those of you who have no idea what law review is, I want to keep from completely boring you, so here's a brief explanation: it's a student-run academic journal, and to be on it is a fairly significant honor...that will make me crazy-busy for the next two years. I've spent the last week running around town trying to gather sources for the first article that I'm working on, and will spend the next two weeks cite-checking that article. I'm still a little unclear as to what happens after that, but I'll keep working on it until the issue we're working on goes to print...and then the process starts all over again! It sounds really fun, doesn't it? Aren't you jealous? Oh wait, I forgot about the 60-80 page article I have due in January! Add that to the classes I will be taking and the interviews I will be doing for next summer in the fall, and you can see that things are going to get pretty interesting in the coming months.

I think pretty much everyone who reads this probably also knows that I got a new car last Friday too. The old Camry I had--while still running--was dying one part at a time. The thing that drove me the most crazy was the constantly rattling struts...and the window that went down and wouldn't come back up was the final straw. The new car is a Hyundai Sonata. It's nothing fancy, but it works! And I've never had a brand new car before, so the whole thing is very exciting.

The weather here in Houston has been kind of crazy lately. It seems like it's rained just about every day for the past couple of weeks, until today. The sun is actually out today! But it feels kind of gross and HOT outside. I don't know if it really is all that hot, or if it just feels that way after weeks of highs in the upper 70s/lower 80s and no sun. Or maybe it's just walking around downtown and trekking back and forth between UH's main campus library and the law school with a heavy backpack that adds to how hot it feels outside. That probably doesn't help, at any rate.

I'm trying to think if there's anything else I wanted to share today. I know that I periodically have things that occur to me, and I think, "Oh, I should write a blog entry about that!" But I almost never do that these days. I will try and be better about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home