Sunday, February 25, 2007

Square knots and summary judgment

It's weird when you're doing research and you come across opinions and law review articles by the judge/justices for whom you will be working for this summer. Just an observation.

-----------

This morning, I had a certain skirt I wanted to wear to church this morning. The skirt, however, has a sash that goes with it and ties in the front. This is all fine and dandy, except that I am not talented in creating knots and making things look pretty. I knew that I wanted to tie a square knot, but dang it, for the life of me, I can never remember how to do one of those things. I remember one time first year at Trinity, I called Mom and had her walk me through the process. It was impressive that she could do this over the phone. So anyway, I decide to look on the Internet to see how I can tie one of these knots because I'm 23 years old and I need to know how to do these things for myself. I tried and tried, but again, I'm not a visual person and not good at doing things with my hands, so websites describing the process weren't helping. Finally, I did a google video search for "how to tie a square knot" (without the quotations), clicked on the first video, played it several times, and somehow ended up with something that looked halfway decent. So, yay Internet. It helps me out a lot.

-----------

All right, back to researching the standard of review for summary judgments in Texas.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(1) right over left, then under
(2) left over right, then under

and voila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home