Sunday, November 26, 2006

Beethoven, Finals, and San Antonio

Whenever I start to feel generally anxious about something, I tend to break out the first movement of Beethoven's "Pathatique" Sonata. I played it a lot spring semester this past year, when I was still trying to figure out my future and where I was going to go to law school. And now that finals are looming ever closer, I find that playing it once again helps ease my jitters a little bit. It's kind of sadly amusing, though, how I can no longer play it very well. Not, of course, that I ever had it all that good in the first place--though it was the last thing I played for my piano recital senior year in high school. I feel kind of sorry for my neighbors, but I've never had any complaints about the piano playing.

I had a good Thanksgiving week! It was very nice to have some time off from school. I'm sick of classes. Good thing they end on Friday!

It was also nice to see family. And friends. I miss normal, non-law school people. Ha-ha, just kidding. Sort of :)

On Friday after classes are over, I'm being very, very bad and taking a quick trip to San Antonio. I'll only be there for about 18 hours, max, but I'll get to see Beth and Anne! And Trinity's annual Christmas concert is on Friday evening. It'll be a nice, random break before I completely lock myself away from society to study for finals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home