Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My life in bullet points:

  • I just invested money in a Money Market Fund. That's weird. I'm old.
  • I'm also old because I think I'm developing carpal tunnel syndrome. Not good. If my wrists/hands are still hurting and tingly in a week, I think I might have to see the doctor. I don't want this to turn into something that will require drastic measures to fix.
  • I've now been called on in all my classes. In some of them, it has been more than once. Scary. But so far, I think I've held up well enough under the pressure. We'll hope that continues.
  • Mom is cool. Thanks to her willingness to diligently search the sales ads and go to Garden Ridge for me, I am now the proud owner of a very nice striped chair that I can put in the living room. I'll probably try and put it together tonight while I'm watching Prjoect Runway.
  • I am now also the owner of the musical Cinderella on DVD. It's the TV version Julie Andrews was in in 1957. Hopefully, I can find time to watch that this weekend. I became addicted to the songs this summer while working and listening to the ipod--thanks to Anne for the ipod and Beth for the album...heh. That's the reason you have friends, right? To get free stuff from them?
  • As of this afternoon, I have met some of the people who live in my complex. I worked with one of them this summer at the law firm. That was kind of a weird coincidence, 'cause Houston is a big place.
  • I was also recognized today for the first time by one of the workers at the Chick-fil-a in the shopping strip near my complex. They'll probably know me very well before too long. The girl who rang me up asked me, "Don't you come here, like, every day?" I told her, "No, just once a week!" I don't think she believed me. But I've really only been going once a week, on Wednesdays, my longish/hard days. Except for the one week, when Dad and Mom and Kelsey were in the area...and last week when I couldn't resist stopping in that extra time for that milkshake...okay, maybe I go there twice a week. Ha.
  • All right, time to do some case briefing. Hooray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home