Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I can tell I don't want to do my homework when...

It's obvious to me that I'm back in school/homework mode. Why? Because I'm checking e-mail every 2 minutes. That's what I do as an excuse to get away from whatever work I'm doing, even if it's just for 10 seconds. This is almost as bad as it was last year when I was experiencing the most extreme symptoms of senioritis. I wonder how much it would be if you add up all the time I waste checking e-mail. Too much, I imagine. Okay, I think I figured out that if you assume 12 waking/working hours in a day, that's about one hour per day. Of course, I'm not checking e-mail every 2 minutes during class, so...we'll say that's a conservative estimate of about 30 minutes per day. Spent checking e-mail. (And that's not counting any time I spend reading and replying to e-mails). That's half an hour when I could be doing so many other things. Amazing.

Uh, and feel free to enlighten me on any math errors I made. I did have calculus in high school and all that, but that was (oh my goodness) over four years ago. Plus, doing calculus doesn't mean you can do basic math. I'm in law school, and I'm one of those people who doesn't do math very well.

Scary day ahead tomorrow (all three of my main classes: Civil Procedure, Torts, and Contracts). I need to do a little more work before I'm prepared. At least once Wednesdays are over, it's a lot better for the rest of the week. So...back to work for a little while longer, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home