Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring break!

It's spring break! And what am I doing? Sitting here in my apartment, working on a paper. It's all good, though. I'll be extremely happy once this paper is done (and even happier when I'm finished presenting it at the SSSA conference here in San Antonio next month). The paper is supposed to be sent in by March 15th, so I'll send that in and be home in Sugar Land on Wednesday or Thursday. Beth and Anne are hanging around for a few days before heading home, too, which also makes my life more exciting. This provides excellent distraction from what I should be working on (as does the piano...and facebook...and other people's blogs/livejournals/xangas...and the Beaudrot website...and the list goes on and on...).

In law school news, I haven't heard from UT yet. I'm currently trying to decide whether I should visit UF on their admitted student day (April 7th). Deposits for most schools don't need to be sent in until May 1st or so, although Baylor wants half of theirs by April 1st (April 1st!? What are they thinking?). So that's where all that stands. Who knows how that's going to end up.

I know it has been a while since I updated, but this semester has definitely been busy! I foresee that there will be an extensive picture post soon. I'll try and be a bit better in the future about keeping this updated.

And, finally, I'd like to leave you with the link to a site that has provided me much entertainment over the past few months. I actually discovered it because of my internship last semester. In the judge's chambers, we received The Texas Bar Journal every month. The magazine has in it in it a column called "Et Cetera," in which Jerry Buchmeyer, a U.S. District Court Judge, shares amusing slip-ups in the courtroom and in legal documents. He does this on a greater scale in his blog, Say What?!. I thought several of the days in February were especially amusing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home