Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fun with Magnetix

The title of this post could also be "What I did tonight instead of homework."

Some friends and I had fun times tonight playing with RoseArt's Magnetix brand magnet toys. Lindy came over to pick up some of her stuff that was in my possession for various reasons, also bringing over a 20 piece Magnetix set. This added to several that Anne and I have accrued in past months. So creativity on the part of Anne and Lindy ensued, as Beth and I mostly just looked on--I do not consider myself spatially gifted, so the art they were creating was out of my league. Here's some pictures of what went on:

Lindy and Anne in the process of creating...something...

Hey, look! It resembles the star ball displayed on the box! Lindy's looking kind of scary, but Anne looks nice and sweet.

Here's a pyramid, complete with an antenna.

A picture of Lindy, Anne, and Beth, before things get really crazy.

"Life is nasty, brutish, and short." That's apparently an explanation for why fighting over Magnetix must occur--everyone needs to make sure they have enough for their own creation!

Some statements heard while this was going on: "Back off! Do you want to keep your fingers?"

And finally: What was I doing during all of this? Being the historian, of course. And bringing the joy of our Magnetix adventures to the masses. But here's what I looked like this evening...keep in mind that it was a long day, including almost five hours at the bookstore as well as class and the attendance of the MLK lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home