Friday, January 27, 2006

Life

This is going to be one of those entries where I don't feel like I have much to say, but feel compelled to write something because it's been so long since I've updated in any form or fashion. I've been keeping busy with school--today I left the apartment at 8:15 am and returned at about 11:15 pm. That's definitely a long day. It was somewhat productive though: I went to class, had lunch with and went to the lecture of a prospective sociology professor, worked at the bookstore, took a quick trip to Sonic with friends (that was quite a full car), went to Lighthouse, and then had some hours at the library where some of the first-year seminar members met with me about their papers. So yeah. That is a fairly typical example of my life on weekdays--long and busy. But good, mostly. I can't tell you how happy I will be, though, when the day comes that I'll be able to come home tired from work and not have homework to do as well.

This weekend looks like it's going to be fun, though! Game night Friday night, no work at the bookstore on Saturday because it's closed, and Beth's birthday. Doesn't get much more exciting than that!

Oh, I guess I do have one bit of exciting news. I found out recently that I will be one of two recipients of the Trinity Sociology Department's C. Wright Mills Award--the department's "highest award." That's a happy achievement :)

Maybe there will be an update soon with pictures from a fun and exciting game night. And Beth's birthday. I bet you can't wait, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home